After successful selling of Redmi Note now we have the Redmi Note 2.
As its predecessor Note 2 has 5.5″ display but now with 1080p resolution. The other great improvement is the used CPU – MTK Helio X10 64bit which is also included in HTC One M9+
But let overview the whole hardware specification:
- 5.5″ IPS LCD display with 1080p resolution; 401ppi;
- Chipset: Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10;
- CPU: 64bit Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53 (16GB model) and Octa-core 2.2 GHz Cortex-A53 (32GB model);
- GPU: PowerVR G6200;
- RAM: 2GB;
- 13MP main camera with LED flash, phase detection autofocus;
- 5MP front-facing camera, 720p video recording
- OS: MIUI 7.0 based on Android 5.1 Lollipop;
- Built-in storage: 16GB or 32GB;
- Network: Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; UMTS/HSPA+; 4G LTE Cat.4 connectivity
- Connection: Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; WiFi Direct; Bluetooth 4.0;
- USB: micro USB 2.0;
- GPS: GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- FM radio;
- Infrared blaster;
- Sensors: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass;
- Dual-microphone active noise canceling;
- 3,060 mAh Li-Po removable battery;
The specs look really nice, especially for the price of this device (check the bottom page for details).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 has good quality 13MP main camera with f/2.2 aperture and phase detection autofocus which gives you really fast autofocus 0.1sec! Also the camera has nice feature like HDR and panorama mode. Of course manual correction the ISO and white balance is still available.
The front (selfie) camera is 5MP with f/2.0 aperture and it’s also good enough.
Currently the device is offering with two colors – Black and White. But we have assured that more colors will be available soon.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 2 is using the new MIUI 7 with Android 5.1 and we can say that the UI response is smooth and flawless driven by 64bit Octa-core 2.0 (2.2) GHz CPU.
Antutu score also confirms this with near 47k points for 2.0GHz model!
The device also has IR blaster so you can easily control your home media just with few clicks.
As the Note 2 has quad band network connectivity (GSM/GPRS/EDGE; UMTS/HSPA+; 4G LTE) it can be use anywhere in the world and the dual SIM is really helpful.
Internal storage is 16GB or 32GB but can be expanded with SD card too.
Dimensions are also pretty nice: 152 x 76 x 8.3 mm
- 64bit Mediatek MT6795 Helio X10 chipset;
- IR blaster;
- MIUI 7.0 OS based on Android 5.1;
- Headset is not included;
- No NFC;
So why are you still reading this review?
Go and grad this phablet from BestGear:
XIAOMI RedMi Note 2, 16GB – only for 169.75$
XIAOMI RedMi Note 2, 32GB – only for 190$ with Coupon code:NOTE232GB
Again BestGear claims that Italian users with get this device without customs fee and ships with Italy Express.