After successful launch on OnePlus One now we see its successor – OnePlus 2.
In first look we can see some difference like brand new hardware home button with fingerprint sensor.
Some people don’t like it but we certainly do. Also the new design of OnePlus 2 looks really more attractive then its predecessor.
And it’s not only the design that is great but also this device is build by latest high tech hardware parts available on the market.
The Chinese company who decide to fight against expensive well know branded flagships is cutting good share from the smartphone’s market.
But is the OnePlus 2 really “2016 flasgships killer” as they claim?
Well lets take a look on the hardware specifications:
- 5.5″ LTPS display with 1080p resolution; 401ppi; Corning Gorilla Glass 4;
- Chipset: 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810;
- CPU: 4x Cortex-A57 at 1.8GHz and 4x Cortex-A53 at 1.5GHz;
- GPU: Adreno 430;
- RAM: 3GB (16GB model) or 4GB (64GB model);
- 13MP main camera with dual-LED flash, optical image stabilization, laser-assisted auto-focus
- 4K video capture at 30fps; 1080p video capture at 30fps; 720p video capture at 120fps
- 5MP front-facing camera, 1080p at 30fps video recording
- Oxygen 2.0 OS based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop; Android M features
- 16GB or 64GB of built-in storage
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE; UMTS/HSPA+; 4G LTE Cat.4 connectivity
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; Bluetooth 4.1;
- USB 2.0 type-C port;
- GPS with A-GPS and GLONASS
- Dual-microphone active noise canceling
- 3,300mAh non-removable battery
Well, the specs look really impressive!
This is the first Smartphone in the world with USB type-C port.
The 64-bit Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 gives the device real “muscle” power along with 4GB of RAM.
Even the company broke up with CyanoGen team they use latest Android 5.1.1 with own Oxygen 2.0 OS.
The other improvement is the magnesium alloy frame which gives the phone final touch.
And the changeable back covers is another is another advantage which give easy access to dual SIM slots but not to the 3,300mAh battery which is not user-replaceable.
Now lets see what the OnePlus 2 box includes.
The OnePlus 2 comes in fancy red box, along with a 2A charger, which is now inside the main box unlike with the OnePlus One, and a tangle-free USB type-C cable.
The cable is not only the USB Type-C connector reversible by design, but OnePlus has also made the other standard-A plug reversible, so no matter which end of the cable you’re attaching, you never have to worry about getting it wrong.
So summarize what we have in hand:
- USB Type-C;
- 64-bit Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 chipset with 4GB (64GB model) of RAM;
- Great design with magnesium alloy frame;
- Light Oxygen 2.0 OS based on Android 5.1.1;
- Great price tag 379.99$ for 16GB and 449.99$ for 64GB;
- CPU is downclocked to handle overheating 810 issues;
- No SD card slot;
- Non-removable battery;
- No NFC;
In conclusion we can say that even OnePlus 2 wont be 2016 flagship killer it certainly is flagship price killer!
So if you want it right now, dont hesitate and order this great device without waiting from Bestgear:
16G internal storage http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_218606.html only: 379.99$ with coupon PLUSTWO16GB
64G internal storage http://www.gearbest.com/cell-phones/pp_218003.html only: 449.99$ with coupon PLUSTWO64GB
The most important thing for Italy customers is that they wont be charged with customs fe, because BestGear warehouse is located in Chin and send the goods with Italy Express.
At least it’s what they claim.