AgileBits today updated its 1Password app for iOS to version 5.1, adding support for the larger-screened iPhone 6 and the iPhone 6 Plus. With native support for the two new devices, the app is no longer zoomed in and is now able to display more information on the screen.
Along with built-in support for the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus, 1Password has also been updated with improved Touch ID and PIN functionality. Before the update, it was unclear why the Master Password would often be requested when Touch ID integration was enabled, but the Auto-Lock settings have now been retuned to remove confusion.
The app has gained a new setting that allows users to disable third-party keyboards within 1Password to keep passwords more secure, and several bug fixes have been implemented.
– The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are out. Were you one of the lucky millions who got one already? 1Password 5.1 has been updated to give you a beautiful experience on these new devices with 3x images and improved rich icons.
– Touch ID and the PIN Code have been significantly improved. The Auto-Lock timeout will now function across both the Master Password and Touch ID/PIN Code, removing the confusion the separate settings caused. The iOS Keychain will be used to store the Master Password when Touch ID/PIN Code is enabled, allowing Touch ID/PIN Code to be used reliably in the 1Password Extension. Configure what works best for you in Settings->Security.
– Tag you’re it. You can now add brand new tags to your items.
– Customer keyboard preference. Choose to enable or disable 3rd party custom keyboards within the Advanced Settings.
– Many fixes for the most popular issues and crashes